Music Banter - View Single Post - Not enough credit to the bass...
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

I'm sure Mr Dave will pop in here at some point to note I've said exactly what he was expecting me to say, but here it is anyway:

A musician should ALWAYS be mixed, respected, and judged based on their personal skill, style, and talents within the group or situation. I wouldn't listen to Steve Vai to hear the bass sound, and I wouldn't listen to Billy Sheehan to hear the keyboard parts.

Bassists tend to get less respect, because in my experience, there are very few good bass players, and a lot of mediocre ones that like being pushed to the back where their mistakes aren't so noticable.

On the other hand, there are just as many bad guitar players, proportionally, except the good ones can be found more easily due to sheer numbers, so of course they're more up front in most situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote