Music Banter - View Single Post - Israel's Birthday
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 04:58 AM   #65 (permalink)
Barnard17
My home? Discabled,

I'm always amazed at the circular discussion Zionists use to convince themselves that the Palestine situation leaves Israel minimally culpable. "Jordan was created to take the Palestinians, it's not Israel's fault the people who live in Jordan didn't agree to this! Or have space! Or have infrastructure! I mean, sure we kicked the Palestinians out of their homes overnight but there are OTHER COUNTRIES for them to go to with more of their type that they can be friends with!"

Seriously. Pause for a second, reflect on this. Fancy for a second that somebody got a map of the US, put a big line on it one day and said "The Native Americans can have all the East Coast states. They're a prosecuted people who need the support they can get to live a fair life. Any displaced WASPs can go live in Oklahoma. Play nice kids!"

The British Empire had no more right (except through military conquest, snerk) to make such declarations in the first place regarding the Israel/Palestine situation. Israeli's illegally secured more land through terrorism and armed aggression against civilians. This continues to this day and efforts to counter illegal objects [such as the settlements that snake their way through Palestinian territory and the "security fence" (concrete wall) which also eats it's way into UN determined Palestinian territory] are minimal at best.

If you want to even try and claim that Jordan and Palestine aren't sticking to the rules, and Jordan should act as a refugee camp for 15million Palestinians (America wouldn't take that many refugees just overnight - where would the infrastructure come from let alone any other issues? And Jordan is a TINY country with none of the capital to cope) you really have to accept that Israel as an entity has never even bothered playing ball.

Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote