Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #6563 (permalink)
zeppy111
16, so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
Ah, good stuff man. Im gonna get Alchemy & Nick Lowe's Jesus Of Cool soon. Yeah I always thought they were shit as I had only heard 'Walk Of Life', but I dont mind it now since hearing the version on the 'On The Night' live album.

Oh yeah, Ive heard of that one. Ive got loads of Rush albums-
'Caress Of Steel' (1975), '2112' (1976), 'A Farewell To Kings' (1977), 'Permanent Waves' (1980), 'Moving Pictures'(1981), 'Roll The Bones' (1990), 'Counterparts' (1993), 'Vapour Trails' (2002), 'Snakes & Arrows' (2007), plus the greatest hits album.

Speaking on the Vapour Trails album, I dont think it sounds like any of their earlier stuff but I could be wrong as Ive not given Rush a spin in a while. I was surprised though at how heavy their most recent stuff is in comparison to their earlier stuff.
Calling Elvis is probably my favourite song that I have heard from Dire Straits yet, a monumental track that is. You seem like quite a major Rush fan with that many albums. I was going to buy '2112' too but decided to rather get the Genesis album. Rush are definatley a band I am going to have to listen to some more though. It sounds like quite an interesting album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
It is one of their best, IMO, along with 2112, Permanent Waves, and Moving Pictures.
I am bias towards Permanent Waves as my favourite Rush track comes off that album. (Spirit Of Radio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSho View Post
Hemispheres has The Trees which is my favorite Rush song, and is overrall a great album. My favorite of the four I have.

Definately a great album. Gonna give it another spin now.

My Blog (album of the day): http://musicfromthesouth.blogspot.com
zeppy111 is offline   Reply With Quote