Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #838 (permalink)
+81
Rats off to ya!

I have a couple themed ones in the works but I thought I'd start off with a collection of favorites. I'm not sure if it uploaded as the tracklist I wanted but oh well.

1. The Unicorns - Jellybones
One of my favorite songs by one of my if not my favorite band. I think I heard I Was Born a Unicorns a while back and one day in one of my "let's be adventurous" moods, I bought this album not really knowing what to expect. Definitely one of the best musical decisions I've ever made.

2. Eric's Trip - Girlfriend
This is another track from an album I kind of bought on a whim with minimum earlier listens. A few years ago coming back from a family vacation, I must have listened to Forever Again on my old walkman about five times in a row. This has always been my favorite song from it.

3. Ghost Mice - Monsters Get Slain
I started listening to Ghost Mice when I was working in the middle of the night at a grocery store changing the promo/pricing tags. It was love at first listen. The album Europe just made the night come alive but this song. This song (not off Europe) stood out over all the songs I heard. It's just a beautiful, passionate, catchy song.

4. El Ten Eleven - My Only Swerving
In my opinion this is the definition of perfection. No part of the song feels unnecessary or out of place.

5. Treepeople - Neil's Down
Treepeople have always been over shadowed by Doug Martsch's most famous band Built to Spill. While both bands are great, I really felt a connection to Treepeople. It was like the music I had always wanted to make. They wrote loads of amazing songs and this is just one of them.

6. Eisley - Beautiful
This song reminds me of a girl I kind of lost touch with. Non-chalently listening to this the few days I worked at a car wash helped ward off boredom.

7. John Frusciante - Fall Out
I like the Red Hot Chili Peppers but I love John Frusciante's work more than anything they've ever done. There's a lot of great songs by him. It was between this and Murderers but I chose this. It's pretty fun to play as well.

8. Dinosaur Jr. - The Lung
The first Dino song I ever heard and still my favorite. I just started listening to them when the original line up got back together and saw a video of them playing on Craig Furgeson. The out of tune-ness just added to the performance for me. YLAOM was on repeat for quite a while once I got it.

9. Wintersleep - Fog
A song (along with Orca) that my girlfriend got me hooked onto Wintersleep with a few years ago. The first two albums are still my favorite. This song is way too short though.

10. Sigur Rós - Untitled 4 (Njósnavélin)
Just gorgeous song from a gorgeous album. One of my favorites by the group. It's one of my life goals to see them live one day.

So yes, this is me spilling a moderate amout of guts about some songs that are important to me. If anyone wants it, here is the link.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jdtbfi
+81 is offline   Reply With Quote