Music Banter - View Single Post - Israel's Birthday
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #67 (permalink)
Barnard17
My home? Discabled,

Yes because Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has BOTH the power to do said map wiping, and also the full support and respect of his nation.

Respect isn't dished out like some mandatory obligation. It's earned by merit of actions and attitudes. The Jewish religion (as vague and all encompassing such as that term is) should be respected. Israel, however, has done very little to show that it's a respectable institution.

I'm perfectly willing to agree that there are groups of Palestinians whose actions have been atrocious. It's also absolutely undeniable that neighbouring states resent Israel and have an aggressive foreign policy towards them (hardly surprising). However I don't really see that much can be put towards a discussion by someone so ridiculously ignorant as to refer to Muslims as "mohammedians" and to talk about them as if they're a collective hive mind with a single intent.

The Koran teaches that all Sons of David (Muslisms, Jews and Christians) will gain access to heaven. Hardly the message of haters. Considering the fact that Islam, Judaism and Christianity are collectively referred to as the Abrahamic Religions because they all have the same root source and also remembering gems such as the Crusades, the Holocaust (committed in the name of Christianity) and the fun little stories in the Old Testament about starting wars and raping your enemies women ... also remember that by the nature of mainstream media you only ever hear the noisy, angry minority rather than the reasonable, level-headed majority on ANYTHING let alone Islam. Leave your front door once in a while and you may learn something of the outside world.

Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote