Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #1480 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

I'm bored, so I'm gonna rattle on about some stuff I've been listening to (again).

^ A band I got into yesterday, consisting of former members of the Auteurs and the Jesus and Mary Chain. Only three albums to their name, of which the Facts Of Life on the left there is probably the best one. They peddled this very interesting hybrid of indie, pop and trip-hop. Fabulous stuff in other words.

^ These guys are bloody awesome as well. I'd heard a few songs but never actually got round to finding an album 'til earlier this morning. Sure, the production gives off a little bit of a dated sound, but what matters is that this is one of the best products of the Scottish post-punk movement in the 80s - like a harder though just as commercially-viable version of Aztec Camera.

^ Some 4AD-funded indie in the shape of post-punk girl band Throwing Muses, featuring stepsisters Tanya Donelly (who'd go on to work with the Breeders) and Kristin Hersh. Another album I basically picked out at random and one that's really paid off as a gamble of sorts.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote