Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #324 (permalink)
asshat
king of sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post

I'm not saying you have to be technical to be "talented", just look at how freaking high The Replacements are on my lastfm for crying out loud. Like I said before, everybody has a skill level, The Clash understood their limitations and put out some amazing music. I love a lot of punk music, but it tends to be the more disciplined and melodic punk bands like The Buzzc*cks and Ramones rather than the outright ear assaults made by the likes of The Sex Pistols and The Damned.

The Stooges were basically an inebriated garage rock band trying badly to sound like The Doors. Which I guess is their appeal.

The difference between the the clash and the stooges is the stooges tried something different. The Clash rode a wagonload of hype when they existed, hype they didn't deserve. The clash were a pseudo-revolutionary hard rock band trying to sound punkish.

.....the stooges were an inebriated garage band trying to sound like the who, james brown, and maybe little richard. The Doors comparison is probably meant to provoke people, so I won't bite.