Music Banter - View Single Post - Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I genuinely regret watching it. One of the reasons being that what i saw will scar me for life, the other being that i feel it is an utterly immoral act to watch it. I concede, i initially wanted to watch it out of morbid curiosity, I did not think for a second it would be as horrific as it actually was. 10 seconds in and i was ashamed of myself. That poor guy.
So for you, do you find it easier knowing stuff like this happens all the time, as long as you don't have to physically see it?
Or does the video shock some realization of mortality into you and make you realize that every single one of us is potentially the victim you saw in that video, and that everyone you meet is potentially the killer?

To me, I know this crap happens. Me seeing a video of it doesn't change that knowledge. I'm sickened every day of my life by the state of humanity. A video of what's happening behind the curtains isn't going to bring me out of some kind of placated fuzzy shell of a life I never pretended to live in, in the first place.

I say people (responsible people, not kids) need to watch this kind of thing and shock themselves into reality and quit living in this pseudo-security blanket of warm little fairy tales and cuddle bunnies, and get fucking wise.

We're all victims because we think it would never happen to us.