Music Banter - View Single Post - Drum & Bass thread
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 04:38 AM   #66 (permalink)
Leasing-Vertrag
Groupie

Haven't checked the forums in a while, sorry for not replying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Nice choices, you're not from New Zealand by any chance? Have you heard of Shapeshifter? They are more laid back but I think evoke the strong emotions that you like in DnB songs. I can hook you up with their music if you like?
I looked up Shapeshifter quickly on youtube, ran across a group named shapeshifters, but I assume thats something else entirely.

I did listen to the following tracks by Shapeshifter:

One
Bring Change
Electric Dream
Stryka

It's a little bit more uplifting and less aggressive than what I typically look for in DNB, but true enough, it evokes powerful emotions, which is primarily what I look for in music.

Thanks for the great recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denice View Post
i don't get drum and bass.. why do ppl like it?
To be honest, I don't "get" the majority of DNB either, but the same is true for me of any given genre.....you should make the effort to delve deeper and see what else DNB has to offer, its entirely possible you'll find a few things that might appeal to you. Unless you're content with easily accessible popular mainstream music (which has nothing at all wrong with it), you'll have to invest a bit of time into finding music that really speaks to you. These forums are more or less the best place available to do so, a lot of very intuitive, intelligent, and knowledgeable people are willing to help you broaden your musical horizons.

Here's a couple of the more recent tracks I've latched onto, feel free to let me know what you lot think.

No Retreat - Rawkweila
Warlords Rising - Future Prophecies
Reign Of Fire - Blame
Warrior - Calyx and Teebee
Judgement (Informer) - Chase and Status
Mother - Equand (aka UI)

Last edited by Leasing-Vertrag; 07-11-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Leasing-Vertrag is offline   Reply With Quote