Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #202 (permalink)
Miltamec Soundsquinaez
Aural melody discerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if 2012 is just a date and all you people are "believing" in is just a number with some astrological phenomena attached (which I'd more readily agree with), then what's the big fucking deal?
If that's what you're pushing, what's next... start a cult conspiracy about the fact that water is clear in its natural state?
Give me a break.

The David guy, I can't even figure out what the hell his point was.
MY point was that regardless of whether that idiot thinks the world is going to end in 2012 or not... if you lend credibility to the crap that guy thinks he knows, you're just as delusional as he is. It's proven when you can watch those videos and extrapolate some kind of meaning from it, not to mention being able to sit through all of it with a straight face.
Seriously... where did you go to school, the Koresh compound?

Btw... I wasn't actually trying to be objective. My mind was made up before I watched the videos, back when this stupid 2012 crap came out. I was hanging the video out to dry, Einstein.
Yea, I resorted to making fun of the guy within 2 minutes of watching the first video... I think he deserved every bit of it, and I probably went easy on him.
In fact, if you have any kind of theory as to what the hell it is you're actually "believing in", I would like to hear it so I can cut it all down and make some good jokes in the process.

Don't come to a logical environment with that bullshit and complain about the resulting friction.
2012 has spiritual significance, he believes we are moving into the 4th and eventually 5th dimension, and it will begin around 12/21/2012, and be completed in 2017.

The video speaks for itself. You can tell when someone is lying. Their body mannerisms and facial expression reveal a great deal of stress, and you can tell he's extremely relaxed the whole time he's giving the presentation. The only other determination you can make is that he's completely deluded. I don't think the Conscious Life Expo (a yearly festival held in L.A. where speakers talk about healthy living, and higher consciousness living) is a big magnet for weak-minded people, and people who are easily led astray.

The pictures he was comparing his own to were that of Edgar Cayce. He believes he is the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce, (who if you don't know is the most well known psychic from the late 19th and early 20th century). After looking at the pics, can you really blame him? When research led him to this conclusion in the 90's he began devoting his life to psychic, and paranormal phenomena, and btw Cayce predicted 2012, so it's not surprising D.W. feels a civic duty to spread the word about this.

BB, why is it more frightening that I find spiritual significance in it than if I thought the world was going to end? Religious people actually go out and murder other people in the name of 'God', but it's not ok for me to just be hopeful and optimistic in the face of science saying we could be in for a rocky ride in a few years, well 'God' help us.

Science is on the side of 2012. See, you can't just come back and say, 'well, science says....' See, I can say, 'well science says.....' because Kaku, in the video DH posted says we are in for the worst solar max ever in 2010-2012. You probably won't hear a lot of other scientists talking about it to the media, because they probably want to do a little more research, and after all, it is still 3 years away. He's a well respected physicist, so I doubt he's lying. Also, he said many other physicists are coming to that same conclusion right now. All, I'm saying is I believe something huge will happen in 2012, but I'm not going around trying to cause panic. I don't think the world will end, but I think something spiritual will happen. I wish you guys could try to be a little more open minded about this, and see that many 2012 believers do not feel we're in for doom of any kind, quite the opposite.