Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #203 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltamec Soundsquinaez View Post
2012 has spiritual significance, he believes we are moving into the 4th and eventually 5th dimension, and it will begin around 12/21/2012, and be completed in 2017.

The video speaks for itself. You can tell when someone is lying. Their body mannerisms and facial expression reveal a great deal of stress, and you can tell he's extremely relaxed the whole time he's giving the presentation. The only other determination you can make is that he's completely deluded. I don't think the Conscious Life Expo (a yearly festival held in L.A. where speakers talk about healthy living, and higher consciousness living) is a big magnet for weak-minded people, and people who are easily led astray.

The pictures he was comparing his own to were that of Edgar Cayce. He believes he is the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce, (who if you don't know is the most well known psychic from the late 19th and early 20th century). After looking at the pics, can you really blame him? When research led him to this conclusion in the 90's he began devoting his life to psychic, and paranormal phenomena, and btw Cayce predicted 2012, so it's not surprising D.W. feels a civic duty to spread the word about this.

BB, why is it more frightening that I find spiritual significance in it than if I thought the world was going to end? Religious people actually go out and murder other people in the name of 'God', but it's not ok for me to just be hopeful and optimistic in the face of science saying we could be in for a rocky ride in a few years, well 'God' help us.

Science is on the side of 2012. See, you can't just come back and say, 'well, science says....' See, I can say, 'well science says.....' because Kaku, in the video DH posted says we are in for the worst solar max ever in 2010-2012. You probably won't hear a lot of other scientists talking about it to the media, because they probably want to do a little more research, and after all, it is still 3 years away. He's a well respected physicist, so I doubt he's lying. Also, he said many other physicists are coming to that same conclusion right now. All, I'm saying is I believe something huge will happen in 2012, but I'm not going around trying to cause panic. I don't think the world will end, but I think something spiritual will happen. I wish you guys could try to be a little more open minded about this, and see that many 2012 believers do not feel we're in for doom of any kind, quite the opposite.
I still don't see the spiritual significance of 2012 other than the assumption that thousands of people are working themselves into a stupor over a Mayan calendar and some speculation on probable astrological phenomena around the same date.
The reasoning behind my laughter at you people is all this significance you're placing on this "event" is based on mystic extrapolations from ordinary occurrences.

Oh, and the fact that he thinks he's the reincarnation of a psychic based on similar facial features kinda tells you he's not even operating under the tenants of the belief, merely his own deluded ones.

Look... you can say that we might have a problem when/if certain events take place that could very well change how we look at survival in the world, but I don't see how it's necessary to dive into a web of mysticism in order to deal with it.
And don't go comparing what I just said to religious people, because I think they're just as fucking stupid.