Music Banter - View Single Post - Downloading your music vs buying your music
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #160 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Theft?

The only people who would steal are scummy chavs, hopefully your music collection wouldn't catch their eye. If it does, that's a reflection on your music taste..
Uh ok. Times have changed indeed, but in the 90s CDs were commonly stolen from cars and homes (during parties and such). Easy money I suppose, when you could bring them to a used CD or pawn shops. Plus people didn't have a way to get music for free like today on the internet. So true thieves would steal to sell them, and "acquaintances" would steal them because they wanted them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgos View Post
I feel ya, I know exactly what you're talking about. For the most part I take ridiculous pristine care of my cds now. After having a few bad experiences, I don't even loan them to people anymore. Half the time I don't even get them back, or if I do, they'll be scratched up or have the cases broken. I remember going over to a friends house a while ago that I hadn't been to for a while, and finding a few cds that I had let him borrow like 3 years ago. The cds were all beat up, and I haven't loaned anything since then. Now if someone wants to borrow something I just make them a burn.
Yeah I stopped loaning CDs out a long time ago too. I'll make them a copy before I let them walk out the door with a real CD.