Music Banter - View Single Post - How much music do you listen to in an average day?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #58 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

I'm surprised how little some people listen to music on here a day... I usually listen to a few albums before work (I get up at 6 or so to run and listen to music, don't have to be at work till 8, and its a 10 minute drive), then listen to Elliot in the Morning for a bit at work if it's interesting, listen to music for probably 6 of the remaining hours at work, then after work I only usually go out a few times a week so if I'm at home maybe 6 more hours. If I go out, I'm probably listening to music chilling with friends. So I'd say 12 hours on a quiet day. I actually feel like a failure and get depressed if I don't listen to a few vinyl LP's somewhere in every day too.

As far as the work thing goes, I'll usually alternate. I listen to a talk show for a bit when I get there if it's interesting, then listen to an album I focus on while I work, and from there switch off between that and ambient/chill music or hip hop instrumentals. Carbon Based Lifeforms, Nightmares on Wax, Thievery Corporation, Metal Fingers, that type of deal. It's great when you need to really focus on work but also need music pumped into your ears at all times.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote