Music Banter - View Single Post - Ashes to Ashes: A reintroduction to my personal music library
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:39 AM   #63 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
I was a college student in the early 90s and I also disagree with you about Doolittle being frontloaded. That's actually the last criticism I would expect. In fact, the 'big hits' that everybody went crazy over were "Here Comes Your Man" and "Monkey Gone to Heaven".

Anyway, I like your review - you noted some references that I hadn't thought about before.
Thanks Engine, I tend to really like the first half plus of the album and not mind any of it, I still think the majority of the best tracks are in the first 6 or 7. I guess I was pretty much wrong about the reception to the album, I most have been in the wrong place because Minnesota was not big on the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote