Music Banter - View Single Post - Absolutely scared ****less
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #60 (permalink)
Blue
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Are you completely dull?
Don't you understand what an addiction is???
I never said it was easy, but it's not impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Whoa some pretty self righteous people out there.

Some of you are making it sound like i only have a matter of hours to live.

yes i have cancer. yes i'm still smoking. if i stop will the cancer f*ck off? no!! so what difference is it making..........answer sweet f*ck all
Just to clarify, I was addressing smoking in general with Dali. Again, I never said it was easy, but when your personal well being is threatened, I just think it would be smart to follow doctor's orders (to general smokers).

I'm not saying any of this to try and tear you down, I wish you the best in your fight and do hope all works out well for you.

I hate to post pad, but I don't want to continue this because it's taking away from the importance of this thread. My only point was that addiction is beatable, and a threat to your well being is a good reason to try to beat it. I don't mean to say that I'm personally strong enough that I could do it, because like I said off the bat, I'm ignorant to what it's like because I've never smoked. I can't say whether or not I could. My only point is that it's not impossible. I do apologize if I've seemingly stepped on toes, or came off in a way I didn't intend to, but that was my only point. I do realize I was too harsh in the beginning though; I was approaching the situation with the potential grim, meat-hook realities of it all. I also never meant this as a direct message to Cheese, or anyone, about how they should live. But, if you really don't want to smoke and something comes along to threaten your well being because of it, don't view it as an impossible task because it's not.

Now I won't say anything else on the matter.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote