Music Banter - View Single Post - Spam me!
Thread: Spam me!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Default Spam me!

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I'd like you to forward me your spam to spamme.repository@gmail.com in its original state if possible (without > symbols and Fwd: prefixes).

As a personal project, I'm coding a Bayesian spam filter (link here for anyone who's interested). In a nutshell, Bayesian spam filtering involves classifying e-mails as spam or ham (not spam) based on the word content. To illustrate by simplistic example, words like 'inheritance', 'account', 'rolex' are spammy words which tend to occur in spam e-mails. If a newly received e-mail contains a large number of these spammy words, there is a higher chance it will be chucked in the spambox.

In order to build up this database of words and associated probabilistic data, the spam filter needs to undergo a learning phase in which it is fed a mass number of e-mails and told whether they are spam or ham. After the learning phase, it can (theoretically) be entrusted to decide for itself whether an e-mail is spam. I don't actually receive much spam and what spam I do receive is mostly of one type which makes it statistically biased. What I need is a lot of spam of many different types and that's where I hope you guys can help out.