Music Banter - View Single Post - Fuchsia
Thread: Fuchsia
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
I think it was Stu who introduced me to this wonderful group. I don't know much about them... I think they are from the 1960s, but I could be wrong.

Anybody, ANYBODY out there know who I'm talking about?
I do now, because I just looked Fuchsia up online at Fuchsia รข€“ Discover music, videos, concerts, & pictures at Last.fm which writes:

Quote:
"The British band Fuchsia released a little-noticed self-titled album in 1971 that, true to its name, was a fusion of various currents of early-’70s rock, particularly progressive rock and British folk-rock. While guitarist and lead singer Tony Durant was Fuchsia’s main motor as the composer of most of the material, the band’s chief distinguishing mark was its three-woman string section, including cellist Madeleine Bland (who also played piano and harmonium) and violinists Janet Rogers and Vanessa Hall-Smith; all three also contributed backing vocals. With fairly tuneful folk-rock-pop-ish songs whose progressions are unconventional enough that you often don’t know quite where they’re going, it’s an interesting effort."
Someone on MySpace has posted Fuchsia songs. I liked listening to how the group used the violins in their pieces, since I play violin.
--Erica
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote