Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Compilation albums?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
sweet_nothing
Da Hiphopopotamus

The Smiths- Hatful of Hollow
My first album by this band and my favorite including studio albums. Mostly made up of live sessions and b sides but the live sessions sound better than their album version such as Still Ill which adds a harmonica solo at the beginning or the acoustic layer of This Charming Man. Amazing.

Fav Tracks:
What Difference Does It Make? (Peel Session - BBC)
Handsome Devil (Peel Session - BBC)
Still Ill (Peel Session - BBC)
William, It Was Really Nothing
This Charming Man (Peel Session - BBC)
How Soon Is Now?

The Smiths had released some single only tracks but they can be found on here so you can still look cool buying this instead of a best of. The album is close to matching Hatful of Hollow in its greatness but it has the flaw of including the bands worst song ever 'Golden Lights'.
Fav Tracks:
Rubber Ring
Sweet And Tender Hooligan
Sheila Take A Bow
London
Asleep

DK have always been one of my favorite punk bands I'd go as far as to say they were the best of the 80's, and this helps back that claim up.
Fav Tracks:
The Man With The Dogs
Saturday Night Holocaust
Police Truck
Holiday In Cambodia
The Prey
Night Of The Living Rednecks
Night Of The Living Rednecks
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote