Music Banter - View Single Post - Too Much Music...
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Default Too Much Music...

OK... Today, I started feeling really overwhelmed... about music?!?!?!? It's always been my stress relief in life and now it's actually starting to stress me out! Now believe me, the fact that I'm feeling like this amazes me. But I realized something today: I have a list of albums I want to get (from recommendations of people, other albums by artists I really like, stuff I read about in mags, lists made from last.fm recommendations, all those sorts of things) that has thousands of albums in it! We're talking... like... probably around 2500 albums! That's more music than I can listen to and actually enjoy in my entire ****ing life! On top of that, I like finding new music, and going through a bunch of new releases every week... there's just not enough time! I feel compelled to listen to everything or else I'm going to miss something... and this really bothers me for some reason. So I haven't even really been listening to any album I've ever heard before over the past month or so. How the hell am I supposed to enjoy any music if I only ever hear it once? I also don't listen to my favorite albums anymore. And here's a big part of the problem: When I have free time, I listen to some music and look up new bands online. Or read about them in magazines. It's what I do. I think I need to stop this and find another hobby, like posting on musicbanter all the time, so that I don't keep adding to my list of music. But musicbanter makes me want to listen to too much new stuff too! Gah... I'm just really stressed about music for the first time in my entire life... and it sucks... cuz I've always turned to music before...

EDIT: So I looked up stressed out about music on google, and can you guess what I found? More album recommendations to listen to when you're feeling stressed! Everyone just said "Listen to relaxing music like..." This really sucks because it makes me not want to listen to music at all so that I won't care if I miss anything... WHAT DO I DO???

Last edited by music_phantom13; 07-17-2009 at 10:11 PM.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote