Music Banter - View Single Post - The Guitar Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 10:59 AM   #35 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixflames
The Mode 4 is that good? I always thought they looked cool (the little MF logo rocks), but I've never actually heard one. Sometimes I think Marshalls reputation is a little bit overblown, but I'm not saying they make bad amps. It just seems like everyone wants one because its the popular thing to have. I can remember for the longest time that I wanted a Les Paul, but then I went to the music store and actually played one. It was like a $4000 guitar, and I didn't really like how it felt or played. I guess that just goes to show you should always test out music equipment before you buy. Don't just assume because its expensive that its good and that you will like it!

So Josephine, I would recommend that you go to a good music store that allows you to play the instruments (Guitar Center or Sam Ash if you live in the States), play all the guitars and amps that are in your price range, and pick out what you like best. Instruments are a highly personal choice, and what everyone else likes may not be the best choice for you. Just my recommendation, take it or leave it.
No, your'e right. Marshall and Gibson (les Paul's to be more specific) are two of the most overrated and overpriced brands in the musical instrument world. I hate Les Paul's, I owned one for way too long, and up unti I played the mode 4 I was thoroughly unimpressed with Marshall amps.The mode 4 is nice, but a Mesa Boogie Triple rectifier blows it out of the water.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote