Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #3221 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Last 7 days:

1. Skinny Puppy (38)
If Last.fm had charted my music listening since my early teens, Skinny Puppy would be topping the charts by a hundred miles.

2. Plaid (31)
One of my favorite IDM acts. Their latest release, a soundtrack for the Japanese film Heaven's Door, is flipping amazing and as the title implies, heavenly.

3. Nirvana (30)
Played Incesticide twice today.

4. Amon Tobin (26)
Played Bricolage and Supermodified this week.

5. Dak (24)
New kid on the IDM/trip-hop block. Played his ep twice. Sounds somewhat unique but at the same time doesn't feel like it's breaking new ground. I think the fact that it's an ep helps, it doesn't drag or feel too samey.

6. David Bowie (19)
Some Ziggy Stardust, I forget what else. Maybe that's all, the bonus tracks from the 2-disc 30th Anniversary release.

7. Keaver & Brause (17)
Another new kid on the IDM/trip-hop block, or maybe it's two kids. This was a bit too derivative for me, sounding a bit too much like a combo of Boards of Canada and Flying Lotus. Good though, I will give it more listens. Maybe it's grow into its own.

7. Alice in Chains (17)
An old favorite, finally listened to their Unplugged album for the first time, plus a few miscellaneous tracks.

9. Obits (15)
I'm starting to dig this new project from a guy that was in Drive Like Jehu and Hot Snakes, whatever else. It's a varied piece of work, with obviously some post hardcore but also a bit of surf rock it sounds like.

10. Genesis (14)
I played some of their 80s stuff...Abacab which sucks, and Duke which is much better and not bad, but not their best either.

10. Landau (14)
An excellent IDM group I've been into for 4 years or so. I played this following the latest Plaid release that I mentioned above, and the two have a surprisingly similar sound that I hadn't picked up on before.

10. The Smoke (14)
60s psych pop band, first time listening to them. Decent album with a few great tracks.

10. Marcy Playground (14)
Got their new one and played it twice (I guess the first time was more than 7 days ago). It's pretty good overall, will take more listens to get a better sense of what I think.

10. eR DoN (14)
Very good local Seattle electronic producer...his style is a jazzy trip-hop. Very smooth album. I may have mentioned him before, dunno.

Last edited by sidewinder; 07-17-2009 at 11:38 PM.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote