Music Banter - View Single Post - Fake IDs
Thread: Fake IDs
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
The worst thing about a 21 year old drinking law is that venues and booze go together. I'm 18 can't go see bands I like. Balls. Has anyone bought a fake ID off le intrawebs? Anyone got scammed? This is serious business.
The legal age for everything here is 18, so I can't imagine what it would be like having to wait until you're 21 to go out and see bands. It must really suck. Especially since most bands play at overage venues.

I used to work for an organisation that put on gigs for all ages at various venues across the city. The problem is that venues want to be able to serve all patrons drinks to make their money. A lot of bands weren't interested in playing all ages gigs either. It really sucked.

Anyway, I'd be a bit weary about fake IDs. In the past it was pretty easy to get by with them but these days at many venues they actually scan the card and keep it on record and all this other crazy stuff. Plus fake IDs are more prevalent than in the past so bouncers are getting better at picking the fakes.