Music Banter - View Single Post - The Complete Discography Thread Led Zeppelin
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Default Guest Review: Led Zeppelin

A new feature to this thread in one I've long hoped to implement is the guest review. I think it's important to recognize the different types of people that the same music can connect and resonate with. With that in mind I've been able to at least temporarily acquire the services of another very different but very qualified member to post shorter more succinct guest reviews following my own throughout the thread.

Flower Child joined our community in January of this year and has been a welcome addition contributing a new and uncommon background and perspective on music here and has one of the best member journals out there. She'll take it from here.

Led Zeppelin

Can you compare it to much? This album shows that Led Zeppelin is a force to be reckoned with, from the very beginning chords of "Good Times Bad Times" to the ending bang of "How Many More Times", that leaves you wanting more and wondering what they could possibly have up their sleeve next. The instrumental creativity alone never ceases to amaze me. And perhaps the most vocally impressive and expressive that Plant ever tackled. If I had only heard this one album by them, I would wonder how they could ever top this.

No matter how many times I listen to this album, I always run into something I didn't expect or remember. Like when Plant adds that one extra "Baby" in the long line of "Babe" shouts in "Babe I'm Gonna leave You" that I can NEVER remember when I sing along with him. And it doesn't matter how much I brace myself, the beginning of
"You Time Is Gonna Come" surprises me every time with its unexpected organ jam. Not to mention the very first few powerful guitar chords of the opening song on the album, "Good Times Bad Times".

With this album, Led Zeppelin went through the gamete of emotions involved with love. One good example is the way they made you feel every guitar wail Page played and every heartbreaking lyric Plant sang most notable in the song Dazed and Confused.
I think almost everyone that been in love has felt the same spiraling confusion, furious betrayal, and manic depression that Led Zeppelin brings to life in this song.

Overall, I think Led Zeppelin (The album) is a wild uninhibited experience that takes many unpredictable turns from song to song and keeps you anticipating what wonderful surprises could be next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote