Music Banter - View Single Post - Who deserves the title "The King of Rock and Roll"?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #91 (permalink)
khfreek
What a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Michael was influencial in the way he peformed, both as a singer and dancer, he also wrote a lot of his most memorable songs.

But really, with the logic people use to discredit Michael, you'd might as well say that Motown artists weren't very talented or important at all. Just because they had a team of people write their songs for them.

The Temptations, The Supremes, The Four Tops, Martha and The Vendellas.

They weren't that great were they? I mean, Berry Gordy, Norman Whitford, Barrett Strong, Ashford & Simpson, Frankie Wilson, Smokey Robinson. Those were the songwriters, not them.

So before you say The Temptations were the greatest R&B group of all time, just remember. At least Color Me Badd wrote their own songs.
I never said Michael wasn't talented or that he wasn't influential. The difference between his talent and his influence is that he should get all of the credit for his talent. And yes Sodacake, he was a great performer. But if live performance is part of the criteria, shouldn't it be without question that Elvis Presley isn't the king of rock and roll?

Yeah I just changed the subject on your asses