Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite city to play in?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffRaff View Post
I'm originally from New Jersey and came to New Orleans with my music post-Katrina. I love the city and it's livelihood, but it's so d@mn hard getting things going down here. The city can't run $hit. No government officials know what to do or anything and just transfer you from one person to another and another and another just so you can find out no one knows anything.

Try getting a permit here for anything, anything at all and you'll get the runaround. Good luck.
you really don't think the local government would be busy as hell taking care of the people who were already residents PRE katrina?

while it's nice that you brought music to a demolished area, the area was already well known for its music, what are you bringing to assist in the rebuilding effort? good spirits and good cheer don't hammer the nail into the board to rebuild a home.

to move there and to expect any sort of government assistance is both foolish and ignorant. what do you provide besides extra demand to an already very strained infrastructure?

it's nice that your soul is 'awake', maybe it can kick your butt into picking up a hammer now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote