Music Banter - View Single Post - Moon Landing?
Thread: Moon Landing?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
I'm with Freebase. Look at all the proof before you decide to make some rash conspiracy-based decision.

There was a period in which I was skeptical about the whole thing as well, coincidentally at the time I was living with my dad who is an astronomer (seriously, he is, his photos of comets are on the net and such.) He rebutted every single piece of 'evidence' I thought I had about it being fake with perfectly believable and scientific explanations. There are countless numbers of photos and videos and discussions on the web that if you really are skeptical I urge you to go through before you make some allegation about the landing being fake.

Here are some examples of rebuttals against moon landing conspiracies: There was no "blast crater" from the spacecraft because the engine was designed to slow the craft down, not blast it off, there were no stars in the background of photos because the aperture of the cameras had to be turned down due to the reflection of the sun off the moon, the flag was waving because there is STILL atmosphere on the moon, and flags still wave in vacuums, there were too sets of shadows in the photos because the moon has TWO light sources: the sun AND earth... etc etc etc.

And to all those who say it was impossible to do it back then because of technology - a lot of NASA's technology and inventions came from military technologies, not technologies that you would see around the house. Back then there certainly was technology advanced enough to perform the moon trip. It just wasn't everyday technology.

Also, going to Mars is a completely different topic. Because the typical time distance when Mars is closest to Earth is approximately a one-and-a-half year trip... more when Mars isn't at its closest to Earth. That's why it is so difficult to achieve it. It's not really comparable to going to the moon.
Mars isn't comparable with the moon yes, but it still could be achievable eventually. It's another planet we could potentially pollute right?

Yeah this thread has bombed in my eyes. This arguement has gone on way too long and unless you were actually there then stfu.