Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Top 10 METAL Bands
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #733 (permalink)
Facechewer
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
4 Meshuggah
CHUGGA CHUGGA... CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA... CHUGGA... CHUGGA... CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA... CHUGGA CHUGGA.

But really, I like Meshuggah as well. Hard to headbang to, unless you know the song, but then again, I listen to Mathcore, so whuh eh.

My top ten in order of preference would be:

1. Death
Absolutely staggering in every department, guitars, drums, vocals. Everything. No weak points. Godfather of Death Metal.

2. Nekrogoblikon
Goblin themed metal. Hilarious. The lyrics are radical. The guitars and keyboards are monumental. The goblin growls are fantastic. The drums are eh, but they get the job done, and the real focus are the lyrics and vocals anyway.

3. Behemoth
EXCELLENT drums. WICKED vocals. The guitarwork doesn't stand out like Death's and Nekrogoblikon's, but it's definitely better than a lot of metal out there. Every song is a solid testament to Death Metal.

4. Lord Gore
This is by far the most hideous band I've ever enjoyed. The guitars are excellent. The drums are good. The vocals are ****ing sick, and the lyrics are... REALLY ****ing sick. Like really. Don't even look up the lyrics if you want to be thinking about something besides the most horrible things that can happen to a human for the next couple hours. Desensitized me to shocking lyrics across the globe. I love this band.

5. Dimmu Borgir
What can I say? Dimmu Borgir is pimpsexual. Killer drums and the guitars and keyboards do their job right. This is how symphonies SHOULD sound, and I think Shagrath is the best metal vocalist alive, followed by Timbus and Nicholas from Nekrogoblikon. Chuck Schuldiner is my favorite vocalist, but he's dead, obviously.

6. Children of Bodom
Smashing guitarwork (and keyboards on earlier albums.) Several chilling drum segments, and spiffing vocals. Good to listen to while gaming or just in general.

7. Amon Amarth
Vikings. Amon Amarth really do their Viking theme well. I never really knew what Viking Music should sound like. As far as I know, they didn't have much art culture of their own, but Amon Amarth definitely feels like Vikings. Hawesome double bass, and the vocals are, of course, mighty.

8. Splatterhouse
The vocals are boss. Very boss. And the band itself is something. They're not different, but they're good. Plus, the vocals.

9. Emperor
Emperor are kings of metal.

10. The Locust
Technical beyond description. Freakishly badass. Mathcore with roots in Powerviolence. They wear skin-tight costumes, and their vocals are the best thing ever. They are what Voldo would be if he were a band.

EDIT: Hey, read LoathsomePete's post and thought it would be a good idea to write a short accompaniment to each band.

Last edited by Facechewer; 07-22-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Facechewer is offline   Reply With Quote