Music Banter - View Single Post - Why, Hello!
Thread: Why, Hello!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
rob - midgar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
Promoting your own band is a prerogative of members who have been here and contributed for a reasonable amount of time. The MB community isn't hostile in general, except towards promotion because it clutters the forums. If we let one person promote their band/label/site we have to let everyone else do it and the forum just ends up being a cesspool of single post spam threads with the actual discussion buried beneath.
Whilst I agree with you, I haven't posted anything about my band, other than mentioning that 'I do music' as a passing reference to back up a positive post that I've made. Just think its a little overboard of you to dive on my signature - that people can read and act on of their own choice, rather than actual promotion threads where they have things rammed in their faces.

Well, not going to argue with you - that does no one any favours, but I feel after reading a fair few introduction threads and general threads asking for advice, that there is a large amount of belittling, humiliating and general negative behaviour going on - and of course, a complete disregard for your rules, that you only apply as you see fit - that sex thread seems pretty healthy and unrestricted to me...

Don't want to be a part of that thanks.
rob - midgar is offline   Reply With Quote