Music Banter - View Single Post - We all gonna die
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Goodgirl81
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
I'm mostly concerned at the moment with our lack of respect and communication with each other. Our disconnection with one another and everything around us has led to our current status as a heavily polluted and populated planet. It might seem like I'm diving a little to deep with this response, but take a look around you. Most of us are far from truly being in touch with ourselves. I feel like we are the most terrible creatures to have inhabited this planet. Sure, the benefits of being as complexly structured as we and as our society are plentiful, but where is the balance here? Why can't we manage to get together and give as much as we've received from Earth? We will die because we think we hold superiority over any other living thing on this planet, because we think we own this planet.

Dramatic enough for you?
I agree with some of this... the lack of respect and communication with each other.... being far from in touch with ourselves. I feel like the western world is lacking understanding... compasion.
I also feel like we live in a world of utter superficiality and we do think we are superior and own the planet.

The demise of the human race is something I used to often ponder.... at times the thought would scare me, depress me at others... I try not to think about it anymore.. it's out of our hands.