Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #78 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Well I don't hate it but I also don't dig it either. I find it very hard to connect with this sort of music. I guess it's similar to many people hearing Joy Division for the first time! The sound is alien to what they are used to and/or look for. Sorry
Don't worry I completely get it! haha. Sometimes I wonder why I like him....but I do. I would have probably suggested that you start off on something a little less ...hmmmm.....Johnny Paycheck. Like a nice Merle track. I have a couple songs to download below my Merle Haggard review in "Classic Country Albums" in the album review section, if you still want to attempt to understand this outlaw madness. I hope I haven't ruined you forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin B. View Post
This Johnny Paycheck dude isn't playing with a full deck. Here's a video of him telling his boss to take his job and shove it.

Please note that Mr. Paycheck is wearing a ridiculously oversized cowboy hat. The brim of the hat has circumference as large as an automobile tire. Mr. Paycheck should stop dresssing like a rodeo clown, if he wants people to take him seriously.

No doubt he will walk off his job, and return with his trusty AK-47 to settle the dispute with his boss once and for all.

This fracas began when Mr. Paycheck's boss kiddingly told him that guys who wore gigantic cowboy hats were compensating for their lack of size in "some other department."
Okay #1, I just want to point out that we have the exact same post count at this time!

#2 What do you mean he's not playing with a full deck? He's just singing a song that almost every person who has had a job they hate or a prick boss would like to sing along with.

#3 Oh, and I noted the hat. That hat was his trademark, and remember he was big in the 70's, so that explains the outfit. Plus I don't think he would have cared if anyone took him seriously. Johnny Paycheck was Johnny Paycheck whether you liked him or not.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote