Music Banter - View Single Post - Why I hate Metallica
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 02:37 AM   #91 (permalink)
Starsha420
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookers with machineguns
Haha. classic.

People have been hating Metallica for years. And from reading all these posts, I think probably 99% of the haters aren't even familiar with Metallica's music before 1991. I'd judge a band when they were at their peak, not when they withering away. It's too easy and fashionable to hate >90s Metallica.

I agree, I haven't heard anyone here mention anything about Kill Em All. Anestesia was one of the best bass solos that Cliff Burton ever did. Does anyone remember Whiplash? That song f#@king rocked! Or what about Ride the Lightning? Fade to Black, anyone remember that? You can't judge Metallica by what they did in the 90's. They came out in 83 for Christs Sakes! I don't hate Metallica, I choose not to listen to anything after Master Of Puppets because they betrayed themselves, and their fans. They said they would never go mainstream, and never make videos. I have nothing against bands that do this, but if you say something you stick to it. They had beliefs, and when they went against what they believed, I stopped listening to anything new that they put out. I still listen to Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets because they are excellent music. And BTW, without Metallica, metal today wouldn't be the same. So hey, if you don't like them based on what they've done in the 90's, more power to ya. But I suggest at least listening to some of the older stuff before you come out saying they suck!!! Sorry I wrote so much everyone.