Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #1581 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
thanks to Bulldog, two of the greatest tributes to sixties psychedelia in a pure pop whistle from the guys that brought you XTC (Colin Moulding and Alan Partridge). really superb, they should have incorporated more of a psychedelic element to their main project because they pulled it off extremely well. and with album covers like those, how could you refuse?

choice tracks: 25 O'Clock, What in the World, Vanishing Girl, Little Lighthouse, You're My Drug
Good to hear you dig them. You're right as well, it's a shame Moulding and Partridge didn't use this psychedelic element more than they did, as they really do prove themselves to be very good at it. Shame the Dukes are as overlooked as they are (hell, I'll broaden that statement to include Moulding and Partridge as general songwriters).

As for me;

^ I'll never get sick of this album. Such a great, pissed off, razor-backed and gritty piece of hard-rocking, new wavey work - gotta love it.

^ Said to be the first country rock album. Seeing as I'm no expert and don't really have the incentive to research those claims, I'm not sure myself. It is a fantastic LP from Gram Parsons' outfit before he joined the Byrds though, which is probably the most important thing.

^ And I've just been reacquainting myself with this after a few months of having lost it to a near-disastrous mini-crash on my EHD. A fantastic and truly fascinating mix of dark ambient, progressive and industrial influences this.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote