Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Porcupine Tree Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #92 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I absolutely detest Blackest Eyes! Considering what Wilson can write, I think it's lazy writing with a horrible nu metal vibe, which he was actually trying to create according to audio interviews with him I have listened to. I just don't get it. Such an average song that could have been wriiten by a multitude of bands.
tbh, i agree. while i do enjoy Blackest Eyes, it's very catchy and all, i think that it's FAR from their best work. but yeah, i feel that songs like The Sky Moves Sideways, Deadwing, and alot of Lightbulb Sun's songs and even some of On the Sunday of Life's stuff is more creative and has more to offer songwise. Blackest Eyes sounds a little like a piss in the bucket kind of song that isn't as inspired

i'd also say it's less nu-metal vibe and more alternative band that's trying to be heavy kind of one. not saying PT is just an alternative band, just that the song has that feel to it.

don't get me wrong, i still love the song, but that's not the best representative imo of what they've done

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote