Music Banter - View Single Post - John Entwistle or Flea?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 AM   #36 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
I was making a point.
not sure what that point was but since two of you asked... squarepusher is tom jenkinson's alter-ego. he's often cited as one of the pioneers in the so called 'intelligent dance music' genre along with aphex twin. the main distinction in jenkinson's case is his ability to actually play an instrument proficiently as well as manipulating electronic devices to his musical will (that's not to say there isn't a bunch of glitchy DnB to be found on his albums)

here are some choice clips.

YouTube - Squarepusher - The Culture Show Bass Solo - live on 'the culture show', low visual quality but whatever.

YouTube - Squarepusher - My Sound - 'my sound' from the 'music is a rotted one note' album, fantastic track.

YouTube - Squarepusher - Delta-V live @ melkweg 28/11/2008 - again horrible visual quality but you get the gitst. track is called 'delta-v' from his last album 'just a souvenir'.

while he's not technically a 'rock' bassist, if you don't think that last clip rocks even just a little then you're either dead or far too narrow minded to bother ever conversing with again hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote