Music Banter - View Single Post - New prog
Thread: New prog
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #63 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
crimson is good.

far as new prog goes, i think it's one of the most uninteresting genres on the market. i am yet to come across one song that does not sound like a standard run-of-the-mill 70s prog ape-show, and even the "flagship" bands like porcupine tree are in reality plain carbon rip-offs of pink floyd and genesis.

the pink floyd influence on porcupine tree is so stark it is frankly frightening
For gods sake, do you log in to this forum JUST to diss modern prog?

How would you feel if I did that with all the crappy avant indie you listen to? And believe me you're really inspiring me to do that.

If you confuse PT albums with Floyd albums, you're clearly losing your hearing. Influence =/= Ripping off. PT have a lot of influences and every album is somewhat different from the last, you clearly have heard very little from them besides their earliest material I assume.

And besides, I think much worse of the music you listen to, talentless post punk ripoffs as far as the eye can see.

With the exception of maybe The Flower Kings, I don't know how you could confuse any of the bands in this poll with their 70s prog ancesters, it's like, goddamn, you can't be a prog band that's influenced by other prog bands? Give me a f*cking break.

Most of these bands have more than just prog influences and any idiot can hear that.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.