Music Banter - View Single Post - Simple Sounds Through Awkward Words - Reflective Impressions of 100 Works
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rickenbacker
/

Default Simple Sounds Through Awkward Words - Reflective Impressions of 100 Works

Hello Music Banter.

For a long time now, I have had the privilege of a sensible family with which I can talk about music. Only recently have I come to appreciate just how important these discussions were. Mind-opening and deeply life-affirming, the collective thoughts and ideas of two people discussing what would appear to be merely sounds are in desperate need of catalogue.

And so, in my current state of solitude, I will loosely do so. My writings will not be reviews, but just thoughts. Unorganized, innocent thoughts. They may come in the form of a dialog, an essay, or simply verbal translations of the impressions felt after a fresh listen. Perhaps I may even use the recording in question as a statement about music itself. It could go anywhere, but it will all start with a conversation, maybe just simple badinage, maybe a full-on argument. We'll see.

In the wise words of writer Will Connolly, "It's not what you're listening to, it's who you're listening with".

That said, enjoy.

Contents: (Will be updated with each subsequent entry)

1. Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain: L.A.'s Desert Origins - Pavement (Posted 09-24-2009)
2. The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails (Posted 09-28-09)
3. Smiley Smile - The Beach Boys (Posted 10-4-09)
4. The Soft Bulletin - The Flaming Lips (Posted 10-11-09)
5. Discovery - Daft Punk (Posted 11-21-09)
6. You Are the Quarry - Morrissey (Posted 1-5-10)

Last edited by Rickenbacker; 01-05-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Rickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote