Music Banter - View Single Post - Simple Sounds Through Awkward Words - Reflective Impressions of 100 Works
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 05:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
Hello Music Banter.

For a long time now, I have had the privilege of a sensible family with which I can talk about music. Only recently have I come to appreciate just how important these discussions were. Mind-opening and deeply life-affirming, the collective thoughts and ideas of two people discussing what would appear to be merely sounds are in desperate need of catalogue.

And so, in my current state of solitude, I will loosely do so. My writings will not be reviews, but just thoughts. Unorganized, innocent thoughts. They may come in the form of a dialog, an essay, or simply verbal translations of the impressions felt after a fresh listen. Perhaps I may even use the recording in question as a statement about music itself. It could go anywhere, but it will all start with a conversation, maybe just simple badinage, maybe a full-on argument. We'll see.

In the wise words of writer Will Connolly, "It's not what you're listening to, it's who you're listening with".

That said, enjoy.
Gotta love the summer hols eh

Sounds like this'll be another good spin on the old top 100 idea - I like the sound of already. Good luck.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote