Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Essays on 100 Albums: A Journey Through Music and Life
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
Davey Moore
The Great Disappearer

Well, that's the tenth essay. I'm one-tenth finished!

Here is a preview of the next ten, and this is as much for me as it is for you, so I can get my ideas down. Also it's nice to see these summaries and the growth of where the idea started out to what it ended up being, since these are my rough draft, preliminary ideas.

11. Kid A – Radiohead - Will write this tonight, about depression(my depression) and the numb yet depressed feeling Radiohead gives that I connect so deeply to.

12. Entertainment! – Gang of Four - About politics in music and anarchy and rebellion in general(this was supposed to be the topic for London Calling but I changed that to Cold War paranoia and the futility of punk and the fight it waged, this album is much more political than London Calling so I figured it more, appropriate.)

13. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars – David Bowie - I really don't know what I'll talk about. I just really love this album. Maybe glam.

14. Perfect from Now On – Built To Spill - how the quest for perfection can affect people and possibly destroy them.

15. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd - about Floyd and the whole Barrett situation maybe, maybe the effect of acid on a generation. Actually that sounds good. Acid on a generation.

16. Trans-Europe Express – Kraftwerk - The arrival of machines into music

17. The Velvet Underground & Nico – The Velvet Underground - about my experiences of first getting into indie music as this was the gateway band.

18. Let It Be – The Replacements - about the struggles The Replacements went through to get stardom and how they are the top band from the eighties in my mind who should have been famous but weren't.

19. Bee Thousand – Guided by Voices - No clue, haha.

20. Odessy and Oracle – The Zombies - This'll be a big one, about the rise and fall of the sixties.