Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 06:47 AM   #4281 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
^ Aw, they don't sound too bad. It really is hard to find good flatmates. I've had my fair share of weirdos/ dodgy people/ boring people/ party animals/ stoners/ perverts.

I feel your frustration because I hate it when I really want to go out but there's noone to go with. I actually really wanted to join my flatmates out tonight but I have no money

That's the end of my bitch for today.
Yeah, lack of money just further complicates things. Even if I'm doing ok financially, money is yet another factor preventing us all going out.

In actuality I really like my flatmates - we met at a uni residence a couple of years ago and we've been living together since then. We've had the usual minor disagreements over dirty dishes, hoarding bowls/mugs and overly long showers but I'm thankful we've never had any real arguments, especially the ones which tear apart seemingly perennial friendships in other flats. We're basically friends for life. It's just our complete lack of collective organisation and inability to coordinate even a shopping trip that gets to me.

And I'll admit I was particularly bitter about not going to that party tonight because there was a girl I was hoping to see but I was too shy to go alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Reminds me so much of my flatmates last year. I lived on a floor full of stoners. Three of them slept all day and stayed up smoking the stuff all night and never went out (dropped out at the end of the year as well - never saw that one coming), the other was some geezer who just blagged cigs off me at every opportunity who I really didn't get on with at all. A couple were pretty sociable, up for a laugh and that, so that was cool. They did tend to pull out of nights out at the last minute quite a bit though, which sucked.
I'm kind of disappointed that two of my flatmates have been getting into weed lately. I have nothing against the drug and I wouldn't say it's exactly affecting their lives to any serious extent, but it's a real downer when we've had a convivial evening of drinking and are amping to go out then those two will go smoke some weed in one of their rooms and switch to anti-social/sleep mode.

Personally weed doesn't do that much for me anyway whereas alcohol is liquid confidence and loads of fun.