Music Banter - View Single Post - The Zombies
Thread: The Zombies
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 02:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classof75 View Post
I recently picked up Odyssey and Oracle and was a little disappointed. I thought I would take to it like Love's Forever Changes (which, I quite like!) I am familiar with the Zombie's "hits", but O&O sounded like the Cowsills on acid to me, and it was hard to take seriously. A little "dated" (imo). Forever Changes has held up better over time, to my ears anyway.
As Sidewinder said, Odyssey and Oracle gets better with each listen. It did click instantly with me though - those piano chords and harmonies on Care Of Cell 44 pretty much drew me into it from the first time I heard it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
I know its weird, but I actually like the sound quality a little rough around the edges with this album. I think its because like to hear it how it sounded when it first came out, giving me a more genuine experience, but thats just me. I would love to get Odyssey and Oracle on LP, but I have to get a player first! haha.
I don't have many albums on vinyl that I haven't long since flogged for a bit of cash, but Odyssey and Oracle is one I'd love to hear in LP format, just to see if it's true how much better it sounds than the CD versions.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote