Music Banter - View Single Post - Built To Spill
Thread: Built To Spill
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I have nothing really to add, just expressing my support for Built to Spill since the thread was recently resurrected.

There's Nothing Wrong with Love, Keep it Like a Secret, and Perfect from Now On are all so stylistically different it's hard to pick a favorite. It really depends on my mood, but I find myself coming back to There's Nothing Wrong with Love more often than the others. Perfect from Now On sometimes is a bit too depressing and it can seem too long.

Ancient Melodies of the Future and You in Reverse are good but for me not on par with the other 3.

Really? I've never found Perfect From Now On to feel too long. I think There's Nothing Wrong With Love played the blueprint to Keep it Like a Secret, and it's also surely one of Isaac Brock's favorite albums. Do you like Elliott Smith? He did a pretty neat cover of Car, minus the stupid drum.

I'm of similar thoughts regarding You in Reverse and Ancient Melodies of the Future. I like them, but they don't keep me coming back for more.

New Built to Spill album coming out this fall, guys. It's called "There Is No Enemy."
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote