Music Banter - View Single Post - I don't know where to begin
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
BLeeDMuSiC
Groupie

Default Not Stupid at all

It's all very much within your reach. Do you like to read? You can get a quality musical education on your own. Your only expense: books and a keyboard. I'll recomend any inexpensive keyboard. Make sure the keys are piano sized.

Listen, you're so young. 18. perfect time to start. Don't cheat yourself out of the complete creative experience. Just think about the feeling of creating an entire original piece that is all your own.

Learning all there is to know about the piano gives you priceless knowledge touching on every aspect of music.

The book I started with; The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory

It all seems so overwhelming and out-of-reach, but the truth is, it's not as complicated as you might think. If you have a true passion for the craft of music, you'll probablly find it refreshingly simple and easy.

I never thought I would be able to learn to play the Piano, guitar, violin...I was amazed at how easily it all came together...it just takes the drive...you're discipline to practice at LEAST 30 minutes a day.

Just search for the book I mentioned on Amazon.com It's a priceless investment that's worth the effort.
BLeeDMuSiC is offline   Reply With Quote