Music Banter - View Single Post - Dr. Crowe Answers Your Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 11:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I'd have to disagree with you there Ethan. You do realise a lot of people who commit suicide do so under the mental disorder known as depression? When one is depressed it's a lot harder than you think to see any light through the tunnel, and without the right help being found for them they may never recover and take extreme measures such as suicide?

I'm not saying this is for everyone who does it, but unless you can feel what they feel before they do commit/attempt suicide you'll never understand what it's like. I am in no way excusing suicide as an option though, it must be avoided at all costs. Unfortunately those left behind often blame themselves due to the lack of reasoning behind the act.
I am not Ethan. I am Crowe. You are thinking of Crowquill, who is now sleepy jack. Why in the hell would I be addressing mental disorders in my answer to that question? It is understood that there are certain variables in any answer that I shouldn't have to address. Mental disorders are one of those variables. Why didn't you bring up agoraphobia or commitmentphobia (yes, this is a real term) when someone asked me about finding love? Why didn't you address narcissistic personality disorder, subjective moral relativity or any of the Cluster B personality disorders when it came to Big3's question?

Similarly, if someone asked me a question about my ethical and moral stance regarding farting in a crowded elevator, do you think that I would sit and talk about how "OK" it is for people to do this if they couldn't help it? Of course not, because it's UNDERSTOOD (or should be) that I don't have to address biological exceptions to every question asked to me. Depression is a biological exception.

Thank you for the lecture on depression. Good day.