Music Banter - View Single Post - Ron Paul: Crazy person?... or craziest person?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

I don't know where you've been getting your information from, but I was watching him pretty closely in 2007-2008. Where is this "Christian Theocracy" theory coming from? I've never seen anything remotely close to that in his campaign outline. From what I gathered in getting involved with his campaign, these were the fundamentals of his plan: Abolition of the IRS, CIA and Free Trade Organizations that take the work out of the country, Withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan, Utilizing the military to guard our borders more closely, and withdrawal from the World Central Bank.

I don't understand how you get the idea that he was trying to create a Theocracy out of the United States government. A prime example is his stance on abortion. Ron Paul, the person, is against abortion. However, he recognizes that people have the choice of whether or not to terminate a pregnancy, and its not up to the government to tell people what they can do with their bodies.

He's just a guy that was trying to make the government realize its boundaries. If that makes him crazy, then what is sane?