Music Banter - View Single Post - Squirrel Bait Family Tree ~ Reviewed
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
you missed Rodan:
Jason Noble
Jeff Mueller
Tara Jane O'Neil
Kevin Coultas

i wouldn't suggest it but their LP Rusty is far and above my favorite record that this entire clan has produced, you should look into it. this is also the same band that went on to form Shipping News, Rachel's and June of 44.
I'm acquainted. Actually, I am in the middle of trying to figure out how to include all of those bands in this thread since they don't technically relate to Squirrel Bait other than being in the same scene in the same city at the same time. I'm sure a connection through members can be found but it won't be very direct.

Quote:
otherwise a fantastic idea for a thread and one i shall certainly be revisiting. i have heard/heard of all of the connected artists so it should as least refresh me on what keeps bringing me back to them.

EDIT: shit, Will Oldham is connected to this group? i am officially confused.
Exciting, eh? Oldham/Palace/Bonnie 'Prince' Billy is one of my all time favorites and yes he was there. In fact members of Squirrel Bait and Slint have been playing on Oldham albums from the early-90s to at least the early 00s. I plan on entering an entire section of 3 reviews here devoted to Will Oldham.

Last edited by Engine; 08-02-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote