View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
SpecialCookies
Groupie

Thanks for the welcomes. =)
I live in Perth, call it my home. I've lived in Perth all my life, travelled a bit of course, but never really lived elsewhere.

I couldn't possibly name all my favourite artists, honestly far too many. But I could give you a handful from different ends of the music spectrum: NIN, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, My Bloody Valentine, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Disturbed, Regina Spektor, Mars Volta, Smashing Pumpkins, Veruca Salt and I suppose RHCP would all be in my favourites or have made songs that I would consider extraordinary.

In terms of musical eras, my tastes stretch back to Alma Cogan, Ritchie Valens and Elvis Presley of the 50's (among a myriad of others who's names escape me). After that it's pretty much everything that was churned out of every production label, not forgetting self-produced albums and leaked demos etc... hehe.

I suppose I should give hip-hop a bit of a break. I can't quite pinpoint what created my disdain for the genre, maybe I just can't accept it's popularity when I see how other genres seem so neglected and overlooked (I believe that's called communism =p).

Unfortunately for country, I don't think I'll ever be able to tune into it's stereotyped image. There are a handful of artists with country style roots/influences however, those are usually few and far between. Perhaps it's the fear of being caught listening to country music that keeps me away!