Music Banter - View Single Post - Girls: What do you look for in a guy?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 08:58 AM   #36 (permalink)
DJ_Jester
Forum Fool

Well I guess I'll respond since you girls were so kind...

I'm into the girl that has a strong mind. She's smart and can carry on a conversation even debate with me. Yeah, so we'll argue but that's good sometimes I think. I really like a girl who won't back down in a good argument.

I can't stand a girl who is just a "whatever" girl. Just going with the flow and never creating a presence for herself. Like at a party... is she gonna cling to me all night or can she stand on her own?

I'm into the girl who's motivated. She has interests and goals and pursues them and is determined to do stuff on her own... but still is willing to take help if needed.

I want a girl who will participate. I don't like that idea of a trophy woman who stands on the sidelines while I do something. I want to be able to share activities with her. You don't have to be athletic but playing a game of horse is cool for me. You don't have to be knowledgable about some project I'm into but give ideas anyway just for the sake of participating in my life. I dance at clubs and stuff... I don't care if you go out there and do the Eileen! Just come out on the floor and hang out with me!

She definitely has to have a sense of humor. I'm a cornball and I'd rather get laughing "oh gawd's" than rolling eyes.

She has to have confidence in herself. Although I feel needed when I get in that nurturing mode, I HATE when it becomes my sole function in a relationship to comfort and boost an ego. In a relationship I'm defintely overly nice and serve my girl to a fault but c'mon... do something on your own damnit! You can do 'this' and yes yes yes you look great. If I wasn't attracted to you, would I still be with you? If I was into that other chick wouldn't I have dumped you already? And if I was really THAT type of guy, wouldn't I already be at the bar with that hot blonde instead of sitting here defending myself to you? "You rock, you're hot, you can do it, you're not stupid, that girl is ugly, no I'm not drunk." Man I really should make flash cards sometimes with those and just hand her one when she makes that face... oh you know that face! Don't act stupid. :-P

All right... so that turned into what I don't look for in a girl... but you get the idea.
(All Times Eastern Standard)
DJ_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote