Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #1651 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Soul Side - Hot Bodi-gram

Mid 80s Dischord band made up of future members of Girls Vs Boys. Some songs are a bit punkier than what GvsB did, but other than the vocals you'd probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Blurt - Poppycock

Post punk with horns, Lots & lots of horns in fact. Imagine A Certain Ratio with a lunatic sax player and a vocalist with a John Lydon style delivery and you wouldn't be too far removed from this.

Agitation Free - Malesch

Listened to this at work today & it took me too another place. Sadly it was only my mind that was taken somewhere else, I was still stuck there all fucking day, but that's not the albums fault.

Dementia Precox - Of Parts Unknown...

Abrasive Mid 80s noise. Not quite as bad as Whitehouse or Nurse With Wound as there are some more 'rock'ish songs on here and they obviously don't take themselves too seriously (Song titles include 'Incredibly Strange Creatures who Stopped Living and Became Mixed Up Zombies' and also the wonderfully titled 'Phlegm'. But the high pitched whining noise on some of the tracks will have your ears begging you to turn it off.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote