Music Banter - View Single Post - Electronic Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I really hate the term 'electronica' being used as an umbrella term for all things electronic.

I always associate 'electronica' with more well-known acts like Chemical Brothers, Basement Jaxx, Chrystal Method, Prodigy, Fatboy Slim, etc. even The Orb and Orbital.

But at least we're not calling it all techno.
I understand what you mean but I kind of went along with calling it that because of the Forum header and the idea that they all involve some form of electronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Very broad area of music that I've been delving deeper into over the last month or so, so it's good to have a lot of the areas accounted for in one thread. Great read, top thread. Do you want this stickied btw?
yeah, I recently decided to jump head first into the genre after listening to B.E.P. of all groups. they were my gateway drug into the genre.
Yes, sticky this please. Could you do me a favor and change the title to Electronic. now that I think about it, Sidewinder is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schredds View Post
chameleon, I found a thread that has a major list of artists that go with your descriptions of genres and subgenres that people can checkout, hope you dont mind.

https://www.musicbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37162
Yeah I meant to do that....put some recommendations/examples of artists....ty for that thread I'll go through and edit some in

Last edited by djchameleon; 08-03-2009 at 02:11 PM.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote