Music Banter - View Single Post - Japanese Music
Thread: Japanese Music
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #81 (permalink)
Tidusauron12
Groupie

I hate most Japanese music with an extreme passion, but ironically, my favorite band is a Japanese band.

I absolutely love the pillows, they been around since 1989 and have 16 awesome albums. The thing that I love about them is that they don't do any of that eye soar crap most Japanese rock bands do, and of course, their sound is completely unaffected by the nonsense that goes on in most of the Japanese music scene. Their lead guitarist is amazing, and the frontman, Sawao Yamanaka has written so many great songs... I love them.

Tons of great songs. My favorites album are: White Incarnation (1992), Living Field (1995), Please Mr. Lostman (1997), Little Busters (1998), Runner's High (1999), Happy Bivouac (1999), and Thank You, My Twilight (2002).

All of these albums are in opinion, completely perfect.

Other bands I like from Japan include Asian Kung-fu Generation (Sol-fa is by far their best album), but "Blue Train" is their best song hands down. And I absolutely LOVE The Chewing Gum Weekend (they disbanded in 2000), and FISHMANS (Also disbanded about 2000).
Tidusauron12 is offline   Reply With Quote